ASHLEY LYNN HAIR CARE SALON SUITE IS OPEN! | VLOGMAS DAY 4
How to Open a Green Beauty Salon
For years, environmentalists, consumers and beauty professionals alike have expressed their concern about the toxic chemicals used in beauty salons. As a result, eco-friendly beauty salons that use alternatives to conventional products, have been opening up across the globe. Some also use sustainable construction methods for their physical salons. With an increasing demand for green products and services, knowing how to open a green beauty salon could present a lucrative business opportunity for any beauty professional.
Make a list of all the services you plan to offer at your green beauty salon.
- Some green beauty salons offer facials and body packs. Others offer hair styling, manicures and pedicures or all of these services. The services you plan to offer will depend on the level of expertise you have.
Research the best suppliers of green beauty products and their costs.Look for an official seal that qualifies each product as organic and double-check the ingredients.
Scope out the competition in your neighborhood to find out what other salons offer and what their prices are like.
Form a well-researched business plan:
- Make a list of all necessary startup costs, including licenses, venue, materials, utilities, equipment, marketing, accountancy and taxes. Don't forget to add the costs of employees if you're planning to hire staff.
- Be conservative about your projected income. It may take you a few years after you open your green beauty salon to make a profit. You have to be patient!
- Have an accountant or small business adviser look over your business plan. He or she can alert you to costs you didn't know about, explain how taxes work for start-ups and inform you about deductibles for green beauty salons.
- Try to see if you can't get some friends or family on board, whether it's working, advertising, or even just moral support!
Raise the necessary money for your green beauty salon.Talk to private investors about funding your business, or see if you can get a business loan from your bank.
Contact the city to find out if you need any special licenses or permits to run a green beauty salon.If these are required, obtain them. You may have to try to do this before all else, depending on your age and also on time it will take.
Find a location that is accessible and offers enough traffic to bring in customers.A location that's easy and accessible is a pretty high priority. You might also want to check if there is any other competition located in the area.
Order all necessary eco-friendly equipment and supplies for your green beauty salon
Find out if you can recycle any of the waste from your business, like donating hair clippings to companies that manufacture oil absorbing mats for cleaning up oil spills.
Interview personnel.Hire those that are skilled, knowledgeable, friendly and support the ethos of your eco-friendly beauty salon.
Advertise your green beauty salon in local and national publications, as well as on the Internet.
Celebrate the opening of your green beauty salon by holding an open day for the public.You will draw in new customers and spread the word by offering people a first look and some free services.
Video: Introduction to Green Circle Salons
How to Write a Personal Mission Statement to Ensure Peak Productivity
The Greatist Table: 5 Easy Pickling Recipes from Around the Web
I Have 13 Different Identities Living Inside of Me. Heres What Our Lives Are Like
5 Ways to Wear Polka Dots at Work
How to Keep a Roommates Abusive Partner Out of Your Home
Meghan Markle Made Her Return to Social Media in a Sneaky Way
Queen of the Waves
Jenna Jameson Says The Keto Diet Has Helped Her Fit Into A Size 4
This Is the Oil You Need for Your Best (and Shiniest) Hair Ever
Anna Sui Fairy Dance 2012 Summer Fragrance
The 7 pillow spray that has won rave reviews from 92 of customers
Tim Gunn Just Dropped a Huge Truth Bomb About Plus-Size Women and the Fashion Industry
The Trendiest White Denim Pieces to Shop ThisSeason