CLOTH DIAPERS | WHAT DO I NEED TO BUY?
How to Buy Cloth Diapers
So you've decided to use cloth diapers with your baby. It's a wonderful decision, but the variety of cloth diapers available can seem overwhelming. These tips should help you choose.
Know the four basic kinds cloth diapers.All-in-ones (AIOs), pocket diapers or all-in-twos (AI2s), prefold diapers, and fitted diapers.
- AIOs are used just like disposables. Place them on the baby, and when they are wet or dirty, take them off and put them in the diaper pail.
- AI2s and Pockets are used the same way as AIOs at diaper changing time, but require "stuffing" or "snapping" after being washed.
- Prefolds and fitters must be used with a cover, so they involve a two-step process of putting on the diaper and then putting on the cover at each diaper change.
- Flat diapers are not widely available in the U.S., as they require extensive folding before each diaper change.
Know the pros and cons of AIOs.
- Pros: As easy to use as disposables. Daycares and babysitters love them.
- Cons: Take a long time to dry. Are often the bulkiest option. Cannot be customized to be extra absorbent. Most expensive.
Know the pros and cons of AI2s and Pocket diapers.
- Pros: As easy to use as disposables when doing diaper changes. Daycares and babysitters love them. They dry more quickly. They can be customized to be extra absorbent.
- Cons: They must be stuffed after each washing. Similar cost to AIOs.
Know the pros and cons of fitted diapers.
- Pros: They dry quickly. They can be customized to be extra absorbent. They are inexpensive..
- Cons: Require a separate cover. Not all covers work with all fitted diapers.
Know the pros and cons of prefold diapers.
- Pros: They dry quickly. They can be customized to be extra absorbent. Least expensive option.
- Cons: They require a separate cover. They also require folding during each diaper change
Realistically assess your lifestyle.How often do you wash laundry? Which of the pros and cons listed above is going to be a big issue for you? For your child care provider? For other members of your family?
Assess your budget.Overall, cloth diapers will save you loads of money, but you will need to pay more cost up front.
Determine the number of diapers you need.Figure 10-12 diapers a day for a newborn, 8-10 diapers a day for an older infant, or 6-8 diapers a day for a toddler. Remember, cloth diapers are not as absorbent as disposables, so they must be changed a little more often.
Decide if you want one-size-fits-all or sized diapers.Sized diapers will give a trimmer fit, but the typical baby will need at least three sizes to go from newborn through potty training. One-size diapers will seem huge on a newborn, but one set will last through potty training.
Decide if you want snaps or aplix.Aplix is another name for hook and loop closures, similar to Velcro. This is entirely a personal preference. Aplix wears out or frays faster but can be re sewn. Snaps last longer but can't be fixed at home if they break.
Consider trying several brands before investing in a complete system.Diaperpin.com has reviews of many products, and any parent can tell you, not all diapers work on all babies. A skinny baby may have trouble with a brand that works perfectly for a chubby baby.
Find a reputable source to buy your diapers.There are dozens of wonderful online retailers and many storefront shops that sell diapers. Prices are usually equivalent unless you find a truly unusual coupon or discount, but you can shop around to ensure you're getting a reasonable price.
Video: WHERE TO BUY CLOTH DIAPERS | Cloth Diapers
Home Basics 12 Pair Shoe Underbed Storage (Set of 2) SB49915
The second week and beyond
Alessandra Ambrosio and Daughter Anja for London Fog Campaign
Watch Kim Kardashian Take the Ice Bucket Challenge (and Snap aSelfie)
10 Inspirational Books That Can Change Your Life
Pippa Middleton Says She Kept Her Pregnancy a Secret from Her Personal Trainer
10 of the Most Embarrassing Celebrity SponsoredInstagrams
My Blogable Experience With a Scooter
How to Recover Deleted Pictures from an iPad Mini
WORK LIVE: Learn How To Create A Signature Work Look
How to Try Mud Bath Therapy
Date: 17.12.2018, 08:37 / Views: 64375