How to Apologize to a Leo
How to Apologize to a Leo
In Astrology, Leos are people born between July 23 and August 22. They tend to be passionate, extroverted and full of life, which are all great qualities. However, they can also be aggressive and domineering. If you need to apologize to a Leo, you should go about it in a very particular way, since they are easily angered. Luckily, they are also quick to forgive, as long as you approach the situation carefully.
Calming a Fiery Temperament
Give them a chance to cool off.The Leo sign is associated with the element of fire.Because of this, Leos tend to be high spirited and quick tempered.If you’ve upset a Leo so much that an apology is in order, give them a chance to cool down first. A Leo’s fiery temperament makes it very difficult to approach them immediately after they’ve been angered. Once they calm down a bit, Leos think more clearly and logically.
- If you attempt to rationally engage too quickly, Leos are likely to lash out.
- At minimum, give a Leo about 20 minutes or so after an incident before you approach them to apologize. By then, you should be able to have a logical conversation with them.
Allow them to vent.Once they cool down, Leos are going to need to vent a bit. It might be unpleasant to sit through, but let it happen. They’ll burn off some of their initial anger and reduce a lot of their frustration this way. After venting their frustration, Leos will become more receptive to rational thought.
- Avoid interrupting a Leo who is venting.
- Give them the spotlight and allow them to say what they need to say.
Make empathetic statements.These statements are phrased so that they do not fuel anger. Instead, they reflect what an angry person is saying back to them in a non-threatening way. During the venting process, start using empathetic statements to calm the person down. The venting will begin to slow down and then eventually stop as the person runs out of steam. These statements usually being with “So you…”
- Example: A Leo might say, “I was trying to get your attention because I needed your help upstairs. But you just sat there talking on the telephone.”
- You should reply with, “So you felt that I ignored you when you needed help.”
- Example: A Leo might say, “I wouldn’t have interrupted your phone call unless it was important. I expected you to pay attention and come help me.”
- You should reply with, “So you felt the interruption was necessary and I should have recognized that.”
Explain how much you appreciate them.Leos are very self-sufficient, but they have a deep need for the love and admiration of others. Their fiery temperament is the source of many good qualities, but they do tend to act a bit like a spoiled child when they feel they’ve been slighted. What they need most, in order to forgive you, is the reassurance that you love and appreciate them.
- Leos do not like to be ignored.After the initial cool down, step in as soon as possible.
- Once you diffuse the worst of the situation, go to great lengths to reassure them of your appreciation and affection.
Appealing to Their Inner Lion
Treat them like royalty.Symbolically, the Leo sign is associated with the lion.Like the lion, they feel they are the kings/queens of their domain. A Leo will react positively if you express loyalty and adoration. Along with your apology, lavish them with attention and pamper them.
- Leos don’t like to be unhappy, and they are quick to forgive when the apology is done right.
- Offering a small, thoughtful gift along with your apology might also be effective.
Compliment them.Since Leos like to be lavished with attention, an apology might be more effective if you work in a few sincere compliments. Leos love the attention and they never tire of hearing good things about themselves. It might feel a little over-the-top or strange to couple an apology with compliments, but give it a try.
- Example: “I really look up to you because of how hard-working you are. I’m really sorry that I didn’t finish my part of the project, and I understand why it would upset you.”
- Example: “I know how much you value friendship – it’s one of my favorite things about you. Anyone would be upset if their best friend forgot their birthday, but I know it’s especially hurtful to you and I’m very sorry.”
Give them the spotlight.Leos have a flair for the dramatic and they want to be the center of attention. If you’ve upset a Leo, be prepared to give them your complete attention. Allow them the chance to fully explain their thoughts and feelings about the matter. Don’t interrupt them. If they clam up at first, encourage them to open up. It won’t take much.
- Example: “I’m know I’ve upset you and I’m very sorry. Can you tell me how you’re feeling about this situation?”
- Example: “Please tell me exactly what you’re thinking and feeling – I know that I’ve offended you, and I want to make sure I never repeat this same mistake.”
Be sincere.When a Leo feels hurt, they will make sure you know it. It's best to take them aside for an earnest and private conversation. Explain that you are sincerely sorry, and that you'll be more careful with their feelings. Look them directly in the eye during the apology. Speak in a serious tone. Leave behind your cell phone and other distractions, since Leos will always want your full attention.
- Show them respect, love and kindness – you’ll find that a Leo will get over a situation pretty quickly when you do.
- Leos are loyal to their friends. In general, they are very forgiving and don’t usually hold a grudge.
Stroking Their Ego
Flatter them.Leos tend to be self-absorbed and a little arrogant. Praise and flattery will appeal to their ego. They need to feel respected and adored in equal amounts. Shower them with flattering statements that focus on their best qualities. It might feel a little excessive to you, but a Leo will enjoy every second of it.
- Example: “The presentation you gave at the meeting today was absolutely stellar. You’re always so prepared and you make it look so easy! I’m really sorry that I came in late.”
- Example: “You are one of the most punctual people I know and I know how important being on time is to you. I’m sorry that I told you the wrong time and made you late.”
Apologize profusely.A Leo tends to need a little convincing that you’re actually sorry. Along with being very sincere, apologize multiple times, in different ways. Once a Leo sees that you are earnestly trying to win back their friendship, they are quick to forgive and they won’t look back.
- Leos don’t dwell on the past, so once your apology has been accepted, you shouldn’t either.
Give them an expensive gift.Leos are known to be lavish spenders and they enjoy the finer things in life.If you give a gift to a Leo, make sure it reflects their personality and appeals to their dramatic side. They love fine art and jewelry. Flashy clothing in vibrant colors will also get a good reaction from a Leo. Look for something sophisticated and stylish, which will align with their lifestyle. Dinner at an upscale restaurant is another idea a Leo will love.
- You don’t have to break the bank on this if you’re on a budget. Just make sure that your gift shows a deep appreciation for who they are and what they like.
- A Leo will appreciate the extravagant gesture and take it as a sign that you care for them.
Avoid criticisms.Leos are extremely independent and they don’t handle criticisms well.When you're trying to apologize to a Leo, adding a criticism into the conversation will likely result in failure. If you do have criticisms, save them for another conversation.
- It’s not that you can’t ever voice your honest thoughts to a Leo, but timing is everything.
- Don’t expect to smooth anything over with a Leo if you follow up an apology with a criticism.
QuestionWhat if a Leo needs a longer time to cool down?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLet them cool down. When you think they had cool down a bit, ask them. Tell them you're sorry and mean it.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if a Leo won't respond to me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNothing, just got about your business.The more you distance yourself from him, the more he will try to win your attention back.Thanks!
QuestionAre these things even true?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey typically work for Leos (as well as other people).Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if he doesn't answer my texts?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMaybe he hasn't cooled down yet. Give him some time and space, and if you see him in public, apologize. These conversations often work better when had face to face.Thanks!
Video: LEO JULY 2018 SOMEONE COMES TO APOLOGIZE AND PUT IN WORK
Gorgeous Wedding Dresses: The Anna Georgina 2015 Collection
Oral Sex May Be Linked to Head and Neck Cancers
Kate Middleton and Prince William Announce Third Pregnancy
The 8 Cleanest Veggie Burgers You Can Buy
How to Gain Healthy Weight
How to Support Students
Adidas Sickline: 8th World Championship in Extreme Kayaking
Treacle-Marinated Salmon Recipe
Color Series 13 : Yellow Grayed Jade
Should You Go Gluten-Free
13 Olympics Capsule Collections You’ll Actually Want toShop
10 Amazing Benefits Of Marula Oil