Quinoa Best Weight Loss Recipe
Anti-Inflammatory Quinoa and Asparagus-Mushroom Frittata
1. Preheat an oven to 350F.
2. In a medium skillet, approximately 9 to 10 inches, over medium high eat, heat olive oil for 1 minute.
3. Add mushrooms, asparagus, and half the salt and sauté until mushrooms are browned and have released their moisture, about 7 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes to the skillet and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, milk, the rest of the salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
6. Add eggs, quinoa, cheese, and basil to the skillet with vegetables, stirring gently so that the vegetables are evenly distributed.
7. Bake on middle rack for 20 minutes, or until eggs are just set inside. Check for doneness at 15 minutes in order to prevent over cooking. Eggs will continue to cook when they’re in the skillet.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Swap out equal amounts of mushroom and asparagus for whatever vegetables are in season in your area, or those you like the best. This recipe is versatile, so you can enjoy different variations of it year round. Variety is part of a balanced diet, after all.
If you want even more variety, add a quarter teaspoon of your favorite spice to the sautéed vegetables to create new flavor profiles (i.e. curry powder, chile powder, cumin, turmeric). They'll add an additional dash of anti-inflammatory benefits, and a pinch of turmeric makes the egg mixture pop with a pretty yellow color.
If you're not a fan of quinoa, try brown rice instead. Note that the protein count will decrease slightly.
Swap in leftover roasted veggies in place of the sautéed veggies to save time (and use up leftovers).
Cooking and Serving Tips
Don't over-bake the frittata or the eggs can get dry. Bake just until the egg is fully set.
When ready, slice the frittata into 4 servings, wrap in plastic wrap and foil, and freeze for a breakfast you can microwave in minutes. You can pair it with a cup of sliced fresh fruit or berries for a colorful antioxidant punch.
You can also enjoy this for dinner. Turn this dish into a simple dinner by pairing it with a green salad, or pair with a bowl of broth-based veggie soup if you're craving something warm.
Video: Low Carb Dinner Ideas Using Spaghetti Squash
Mommy Makeover Story
Younger Drinking Age Linked to Binge Drinking
How to Do a Draw in Girls Lacrosse
The 5 Underwear Questions You’re Too Embarrassed to Ask (But We’re Not)
The Cars You Really Should Not Be Driving After Thirty
Deze modedocumentaires moet je hebben gezien
7. Calibration: Know what you dont know
How to Get Car Insurance While Traveling Abroad
Missoni x Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Spring 2012 Collection
1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
30 Awesome Hairstyles To Hide That Big Forehead